Airshow nearly here and everything is going well

Take a look at some of the fantastic images on the air display and on the ground activity that were taken of Scotland’s National Airshow in our Flickr Group and check back on the Airshow here for announcements of our 2015 show.

Just found our that the Huey 509 can come for the whole afternoon! Just one of the many aspects of twisting and turning that take place when planning an Airshow.

The aircraft paperwork continues to arrive – the benefit of having this paperwork is that I can now plan the display with the proper display timings, rather than having to estimate. This means my Edinburgh Airport take off and landing plan can be accurate, which is obviously useful to all concerned, me, the Airshow team and Edinburgh Air Traffic Control.

Huey 509
Huey 509.

I have been able to put in a few hours on the plan for the display control team. This is a little more complex than most, purely due to the distances involved. The nearest team member to East Fortune lives near Buckie, everyone else being well south of the Humber; one indeed coming all the way from Berlin (he must be keen). Everyone is ready for the day and looking forward to a bit of Scottish hospitality.

Sbach 342
The Sbach 342.

As we get closer to the display I have to ensure that I keep my eye on the ball as this is when things can get hectic:

• If we have a cancellation can I find a suitable replacement?
  • If we have a change in aircraft, have I remembered to change the hotel accommodation bookings?
  • If we get extra aircraft, can I get extra hotel rooms?
  • Has anybody’s timing changed because of other air shows?
Piper Cub
The Piper Cub. © glue-it.co.uk.

As I mentioned earlier, my next major task is compiling an accurate flying programme and Edinburgh Airport movements plan. I then have to ensure that everybody involved has all the information they need.

Wizard show everybody!!!

Norm

- Posted

Add your comments

1 Comment

Other posts by this author.